Sunday, June 16, 2013

Getting New Props

For Christmas Mark and I got new studio lights, we were so excited about this because we have dedicated a room in our house to be a small studio however the lighting was always inadequate. So what do you do when you get something new.... you have to test it out. For this we needed a model. We didn't have a photoshoot in mind, but I knew I wanted to photograph a boy. We get more opportunities to photograph girls than boys, and I thought what a great way to use some of our ther props and develop our photography even more. A loyal customer of ours referred her friend who had a boy around the age we were looking for. We were super excited. Jared is a super cute boy, and has the most adorable face. I know, I know I say that all the time. But seriously check out this handsome little guy....





One time we went to a yard sale and we often find fun props at yard sales, craigslist, and the antique shop or thrift stores. There was a beautiful vanity there for real inexpensive. Mark knows that I have been wanting a children's vanity for a very long time. Eventually I want to paint it white and put it in hopefully a little girls room some day. But once again I had this new prop and my head was swirling with ideas. Once Mark and I come up with an idea we want to see it come to life.... so we made the annoucement once again looking for volunteers. One of our old high school buddies volunteered her little girl. What daughter doesn't want to play dress up and play with makeup? She was such a little cutie...but would not smile for  us.... that's ok though because she made the photoshoot feel more vintage and that was the way I took the photos. Take a look at yet another cutie!


This one is my favorite! She looks like a precious little doll.



No comments:

Post a Comment