Saturday, January 28, 2012

What began as a rainy day.....

I take the same route to work everyday and on my route I pass this set of railroad tracks, and 90% of the time there are some yellow box cars there. Every day that I pass it I think that it has great potential for photos... I just needed to come up with a photoshoot. After a lot of thought into it I invisioned a woman in a vintage gown sitting/standing by these train tracks with some suitcases. Once I get an idea I get really excited to make it come to life.

So I posted on Facebook that I was seeking volunteers and Cheryl was one of the volunteers we had. Mark and I have taken pictures of her before and knew that she was great to work with. She was such a good sport and sent me pictures of all the dresses she had, and trust me there were a lot... although they were all beautiful none of them matched my vision. I had to have the perfect dress for this photoshoot to work the way I wanted. So I told her to hold off until I found a good dress.

My mom and I went to the antique store and several thrift stores until we found the ONE. We were at Savers and the dress fell into my arms pratically saying, "Buy me." My mom said "That's it. That's the one." I liked it but I wasn't yet convinced that it was it. I thought of the many ways to alter the dress, but before I put more money into it I wanted Cheryl to try it on. It fit her perfectly. Cheryl wore the dress so well, that it didn't need altering but it had confirmed that it was the ONE. Cheryl and I set up a time to meet up and head over to the train tracks.

That morning I woke up to find it was raining... I was very bummed. Luckily for me the rain stopped and it actually turned into a very nice day. We were still on! Mark, Cheryl and I headed over to the tracks and honestly the photoshoot couldn't have turned out any better. Cheryl was so natural in her posing and the lighting was perfect. We got some excellant shots and it was a team effort. Hope you love the photos as much as I do.

The storyline started off with a "Runaway Bride" who was escaping from the man she was supposed to marry but didn't love. As you can tell by her packing she packed in a hurry in order to escape. She walked for a little bit until she came across the train tracks where she waited for her escape route. 

Once she gets on the train the storyline changes a bit.  She is now going to meet the man she loves. She is now looking forward to a new future where she could be free.




This last one is my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment